sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AcSIR (CSIR) - APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training
"You have to dream before your dreams can come true”.
                                                                 – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
(probably the best president India ever had, and most importantly one of the greatest but most humble scientific minds, a brilliant scholar, undoubtedly a legend, who inspired and continues to inspire young and old alike by his works, deeds and legacy)

Here is an opportunity for all the students to get the privilege of earning an internship at coveted CSIR labs of India through AcSIR (CSIR) - APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training under AcSIR-Kalam Fellowship.

Following are the details:

ABOUT AcSIR-Kalam SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAM

Summer Training Program at AcSIR provides an opportunity to spend one of your summers working at premier research Laboratories of CSIR with some of the leading scientists in India, in an environment which promotes trans-disciplinary research.
The program is supported/ funded by AcSIR through its AcSIR-Kalam Fellowship.

IMPORTANT DATES

Registration Start: November 17, 2017
Application Closes: December 31, 2017
Shortlist Declaration: March 2018
Selection Interview: April 2018
Result Declaration: April 2018

FELLOWSHIP DETAILS

Total number of Fellowships : 20*

Duration: Two months; Between the months of May and August

Amount of Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 per student for the duration of the program
(payable after successful completion of the training program and submission of project report to the Laboratory Coordinator)

Travel allowance to the selected student: Reimbursable to a maximum of Rs. 5,000 per selected student

This is a compulsorily Residential Programwhere the selected students would be required to stay on campus of the respective CSIR Labs on charge basis.

WHO CAN APPLY?

First year of M.Sc program or equivalent: minimum first-class at pre-M.Sc degree level

Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.Sc program or equivalent: GPA 6.0 on a scale of 10 (upto IV Sem)

First year of M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs at B.E/B.Tech level or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100

Third year of B.E/ B.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Sem)

Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Sem) or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100

SELECTION PROCESS

Screening will be primarily based on a Research Proposal and other screening criteria decided by the Committee.

An applicant can give five preferences of CSIR Labs/Institutes.

Shortlisted applicants will be intimated electronically

Selection Interview will be held at a central location. Appearance at the interview is mandatory for consideration.

Applicant may be allowed to participate through electronic media for interview (Skype etc.) under specific request.

Selection is purely based on merit/ performance at the selection interview.

Food and lodging arrangements shall be made for applicants called for interview only.

IMPORTANT NOTE

The application form has to be completed in all aspects for consideration

Multiple applications from same applicant will result in cancellation of candidature

All filled-in information should be supported by relevant documents at the time of selection interview

Please visit the websites of participating CSIR Labs for information on their research areas

* Reservation shall be applicable as per GoI rules.

Attaching the poster advertisement:
[Image: 3cdb44633365951f25a3509adedde826.jpg]

Share it with everyone, you think must apply for it or should be aware of it.

All the best
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
[+] 3 users Like SunilNagpal's post
Like Post Reply
Helo sir i m deepti i m pursunig phd in biotechnology
Like Post Reply
I m getting jon in this field but i am not being achieve plz suggest me how can i get good job in this field
Like Post Reply
(11-15-2017, 02:01 PM)SunilNagpal Wrote:
"You have to dream before your dreams can come true”.
                                                                 – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
(probably the best president India ever had, and most importantly one of the greatest but most humble scientific minds, a brilliant scholar, undoubtedly a legend, who inspired and continues to inspire young and old alike by his works, deeds and legacy)

Here is an opportunity for all the students to get the privilege of earning an internship at coveted CSIR labs of India through AcSIR (CSIR) - APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training under AcSIR-Kalam Fellowship.

Following are the details:

ABOUT AcSIR-Kalam SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAM

Summer Training Program at AcSIR provides an opportunity to spend one of your summers working at premier research Laboratories of CSIR with some of the leading scientists in India, in an environment which promotes trans-disciplinary research.
The program is supported/ funded by AcSIR through its AcSIR-Kalam Fellowship.

IMPORTANT DATES

Registration Start: November 17, 2017
Application Closes: December 31, 2017
Shortlist Declaration: March 2018
Selection Interview: April 2018
Result Declaration: April 2018

FELLOWSHIP DETAILS

Total number of Fellowships : 20*

Duration: Two months; Between the months of May and August

Amount of Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 per student for the duration of the program
(payable after successful completion of the training program and submission of project report to the Laboratory Coordinator)

Travel allowance to the selected student: Reimbursable to a maximum of Rs. 5,000 per selected student

This is a compulsorily Residential Programwhere the selected students would be required to stay on campus of the respective CSIR Labs on charge basis.

WHO CAN APPLY?

First year of M.Sc program or equivalent: minimum first-class at pre-M.Sc degree level

Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.Sc program or equivalent: GPA 6.0 on a scale of 10 (upto IV Sem)

First year of M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs at B.E/B.Tech level or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100

Third year of B.E/ B.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Sem)

Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Sem) or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100

SELECTION PROCESS

Screening will be primarily based on a Research Proposal and other screening criteria decided by the Committee.

An applicant can give five preferences of CSIR Labs/Institutes.

Shortlisted applicants will be intimated electronically

Selection Interview will be held at a central location. Appearance at the interview is mandatory for consideration.

Applicant may be allowed to participate through electronic media for interview (Skype etc.) under specific request.

Selection is purely based on merit/ performance at the selection interview.

Food and lodging arrangements shall be made for applicants called for interview only.

IMPORTANT NOTE

The application form has to be completed in all aspects for consideration

Multiple applications from same applicant will result in cancellation of candidature

All filled-in information should be supported by relevant documents at the time of selection interview

Please visit the websites of participating CSIR Labs for information on their research areas

* Reservation shall be applicable as per GoI rules.

Attaching the poster advertisement:
[Image: 3cdb44633365951f25a3509adedde826.jpg]

Share it with everyone, you think must apply for it or should be aware of it.

All the best

Hello ,

I tried to message you but I wasn't able . I am Akshaya and I scored 812 in gate Bt. And I am really interested to pursue neuroscience further . There is direct PhD in neuroscience in iisc for which I have already applied. Many are advising me not to go into direct PhD. Kindly give you opinion if it is advisable to take this course and if it is actually valued in India.

Hoping for a reply.

Thankyou
Like Post Reply
Hello Akshaya,

If you really have a keen interest in neuroscience then it won't be a bad idea to pursue direct phd from iisc. But make sure you know about the kind of research that they do and if that indeed suits your particular interests. PhD is a long commitment and in IISc it can take 5-7 years. So just make sure you spend this time doing something you actually love.

Hope it helps
All th best
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /