sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career questions - Join Startup or a Well Established Company
Greetings,

I have few questions regarding a career in biotech. I would be coming to this industry with a background in medicine. While I've been in clinical practice for over 10 years, I have just begun MBA studies and have recently come to develop an interest in the coupling of the business and scientific aspects of this career path. After reading the bios of many top CEOs and COOs in this field it seems to be both a fascinating and lucrative career path...many of them making 7 figure incomes.

1) How fast is this career trajectory for someone who would enter the field with advanced degrees in medicine, biotechnology, and business, but with little to no experience in the field? What should my beginning salary expectations be? 5 and 10 salary projections? etc...

2) I live in California, near some heavy hitters, i.e., Advanced Bionics, Genentec, Amgen, Vivus and others. Which of these companies should I consider? What are some other companies I should look at...I'm open to moving after I complete the MBA.

3) In terms of career trajectory, would I be better served coming on board a burgeoning company (private, non yet traded) wherein experienced pros have decided to begin their own startup? Or would I be better off keeping it safe by sticking with one of the more established companies and working my way up the ranks there?

Any insight from insiders in the trenches would be greatly appreciated!

kindest regards!
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
Career questions - Join Startup or a Well Established Company - by rhandle - 07-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 18,411
06-05-2021, 06:01 PM
Last Postrootjoe2012
Replies: 0
Views: 7,463
01-21-2018, 01:29 AM