sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
confusion between pcb and pcm
Sir I am in class 11 I Have opted for physics chemistry biology and maths. I am confused weather pcm is better or pcb for biotechnology. I mean which one has the better scope.

Waiting for your reply
Aaishu
Like Post Reply
(04-25-2016, 01:46 AM)aaishu agarwal Wrote: Sir I am in class 11 I Have opted for physics chemistry biology and maths. I am confused weather pcm is better or pcb for biotechnology. I mean which one has the better scope.

Waiting for your reply
Aaishu

Hello Aaishu,

If it is possible for you then I would suggest to continue with all 4 subjects: P,C,M and B.

Mathematics is something you can't avoid in your career/life. So it is better to stay in touch with the same. This will open you up to myriad of opportunities in career as well.

But, if doing MBBS is all you have always dreamt of and you are ready to make more than 1 attempts for the same, then I would suggest you to opt for PCB and focus well on Biology.

But, if you want to do some engineering degree (like BTech) then it is strongly recommended not to leave maths. If you appear for PCMB then you'll be eligible for MBBS entrance exams as well as engineering entrance exams post 12th .

Hope it helps
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply