sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Daughter studying Bsc Bio Tech
Hello Achal,

It would depend on her skills. If she has strong soft skills she might be interested in pursuing the business side of biotech, if she is stronger in her laboratory work then she might want to get into research or focus on being a lab manager. There are a million options in biotech, but it depends on what skills your daughter has, what she's interested in, and what opportunities are available to her or she can create for herself.

Adding a business program to the biotech education is a great way to ensure she has employability and is targeted for a good quality job, but if she wants to avoid the business end, she might be ready for employment right now. If she is weaker in her lab skills because she studied in university (they tend to focus less on hands-on work), then she might want to consider a college program that offers a lot of experience in a lab setting.

As you can tell, it's hard to pinpoint what is right for your daughter just knowing that she is going to be graduating a biotech program. There are so many options as far as what she would be best suited for, what she is most interested in and what is available to her in her area, so there are too many variables to consider.

Has she told you what she is most interested in doing?

BTW, there are plenty of smart women in here too! Not just Sirs Tongue

Cheers
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
My Daughter studying Bsc Bio Tech - by achal - 02-13-2015, 07:10 PM
RE: My Daughter studying Bsc Bio Tech - by mac - 02-18-2015, 04:11 AM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0