sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Poll: Did you enroll for Mathematics as well in 12th Class?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
41.67%
No
58.33%
Total
24 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career in Biology or Biotechnology after 12th (PCB)
(04-21-2016, 12:58 PM)visitkumaresh Wrote: First I thank your good self whole heartily for this information service iam from small town near Coimbatore my son is very keen in pursuing biology either in biotechnology or bio informatics I heard about 5 yr integrated course offered by Sastra and Jp institute are very good.
Since I have no knowledge in biology related matters I want your good self to suggest any good college in Tamil Nadu were I can put my son.
Sir iam a farmer I don't understand English even this was typed by the Internet centre kid as I told so please suggest some good college were he can study biotech or bio info
Thank you

Hello sir,

I really appreciate your gesture of looking for prior advice before taking an important decision in your son's life.

You should encourage him to appear for competitive exams so that he doesn't have to pay huge fees to private colleges. This year he may get admission in one of the colleges I suggest, but still he should appear for the coming competitive exams to get admission in a govt or better college next year. If he doesn't clear the exam, he can anyways continue his study in the college.

1. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University offers Btech Bioinformatics and is a good place with experience and reputation.
2. PRIST is also a good one with experience.
3. SASTRA and SRM are also fine options.

If he is not limited by the place of study then following link can be very useful for colleges of Bioinformatics in India:

http://www.biotechnologyforums.com/thread-2183.html

My personal advice would be to go for BTech in Bioinformatics. Appear for IIIT  Hyderabad's test and get admission there. It is expensive but he will have a good future.

It will be better to do BTech Bioinformatics than BTech Biotechnology for immediate job.

Hope it helps
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Career in Biology or Biotechnology after 12th (PCB) - by SunilNagpal - 04-21-2016, 06:06 PM
Biotechnology - by Tanya verma - 10-28-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: Biotechnology - by SunilNagpal - 11-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 17,342
06-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Last PostKapil tripathi
Replies: 0