sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfusion Cultures
Hello, my name is Arthur. 

I am willing to explore perfusion bioreactor cultivation specifics. Almost all of the information I have gathered over the past 2 months are articles, in which researchers use perfusion bioreactor setups for cultivating mammalian cells. I am willing to perform a similar experiment using TFF, but there is a problem, considering that all mammalia cells seem to be very sensitive to contamination. I won`t be able to perform the experiment on mammalian type cultures, due to the lack of required sterility of the lab in which I work.
Is it possible to perform cultivation processes using perfusion on microbial or yeast cultures? I have performed numerous fermentation processes on Escherichia coli and Saccharomyces cerevisiae in a fed-batch mode, but haven`t found any information about weather I can perform perfusion cultivations on these cultures or some other cultures that do not require a very high level of sterility.

If someone has some experience on this topic or some ideas, please help me with this problem. Also, if someone has some advise about performing perfusion cultivations I would gladly read it. Thank you for your time.))
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
Perfusion Cultures - by ArtursShuleiko - 09-22-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: Perfusion Cultures - by SunilNagpal - 09-22-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: Perfusion Cultures - by ArtursShuleiko - 09-22-2015, 11:55 PM