sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to clone?
Hi there,

I am Mohan studying MSc Drug Design and Biomedical Sciences. In one of our modules we have a course work on designing an experiment, as per the course work details provided we are given a gene of interest which is one of the penta functional gene of an organism and we are asked to work on our method of approach for the course work. I have a clear idea about the PCR technique but before that the procedure is very confusing, about how to isolate a gene of the desired protein from the protein cluster then how to design the primers (I have used some online tools), how to identify the restriction enzymes. we have been given a specific vector which IS pGEX-4T-1, but what is the other alternative if the restriction sites are not available on the gene? A lot of doubts, but when I approach professors each one is giving there own reviews and approaches which are confused among themselfs. Please help me in this.. all the above approaches should be made with the online bioinformatics tools.. thank you.
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
How to clone? - by mohan_vamsi2020@yahoo.co.in - 08-21-2010, 02:31 AM
RE: How to clone? - by sale0303 - 01-09-2014, 06:33 AM