sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genetic Engineering - A New Breakthrough in Human Engineering
Apart from the above cited details, the genetic engineering has gone to such height of innovation that scientists could edit any part of the human genome. Yes, the exteme precision could help scientists to combat inherited diseases and other serious disorders like Hiv and Cancer. This technique has been named as “Crispr” and supposed to be biggest breakthrough in the year of 2013. It enables scientists to alter any part of the 23 pairs of chromosomes.

Craig Mello the 2006 Noble Prize winner said that “Cripr is really marvellous and it can be used for agriculture and other gene therapies of mankind. He said that first i went through the all scientific papers and thought to use it in my own lab which literally worked. I was numbed to see that it worked.

It usually works with the help of RNA guide molecule and could be used to match any unique Dna in the men genome. Basically , molecule is attached with certain enzyme that cut double Dna helix. If this process is done the defective Dna is eliminated and the copied Dna is inserted in the double helix.

On the other hand, many scientists of University of Massachusetts Medical School have successfully carried out this experient after reviewing the scientific papers of this breakthrough.

Besides, there are many other scientists who hold the opinion that this technique could be used for eliminating the genetic diseases like huntington's disease or Down syndrome by changing the Dna embryo prior to implanting it in mother’s womb. Yes, questions related to ethics are there but the benefits it provides should not be neglected , said the 2006 Noble prize winner.

Famous Oxford University Scientist Dr. Daga Wells confirmed that it is safe, effective and reliable and should not be taken negatively. He says whom would you condemn if a therapy exists and not utilized for treating an affected child?
Sasa Milosevic
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Genetic Engineering - A New Breakthrough in Human Engineering - by sale0303 - 01-07-2014, 08:09 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post