Spectrum pharmaceutical (USA) Products, News and Jobs - Printable Version
+- Biotechnology Forums (https://www.biotechnologyforums.com)
+-- Forum: Information (https://www.biotechnologyforums.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Companies and Latest Innovations (https://www.biotechnologyforums.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Spectrum pharmaceutical (USA) Products, News and Jobs (/thread-2484.html)
Spectrum pharmaceutical (USA) Products, News and Jobs - Aparna0305 - 09-17-2013
Spectrum pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical firm based in California. It is directed towards developing therapies for cancer patients. The firm’s area of expertise includes oncology and hematology. People of spectrum pharmaceuticals are mission driven – they are committed towards building better treatment options for individuals suffering from cancer.
The firm is a member of NASDAQ and is traded as SPPI.
Popular biotech products
Spectrum pharmaceuticals is always carrying out worthy and quality research to develop innovative products for oncology and hematology. Till date it has developed several products and following is the list which includes some of them.
• Captisol – enabled melphalan
• SPI – 1620
• MTRN – 2696
• SPI – 2012
• SPI – 205
The above mentioned drugs are basically meant for treating diseases like cancer. These drugs have the potential of showing effect for even late – stage cancers. These drugs have unique formulations and show effect even for seriously ill patients.
Spectrum pharmaceuticals is always carrying out research to develop drugs that can be beneficial to cancer patients. Of late, the firm has developed several drugs as well as injections for cancer patients. Following is the list of latest discoveries by this firm:
• VinCRIstine sulphate LIPOSOME injection
• Ibritumomab Tiuxetan
• Menadione topical lotion
• Topotecan liposome injection
• Vinorelbine liopsomes injection
All these drugs have a unique formula that works against specific types of cancers. The drugs have completed the Phase II of clinical trials and are about to step into the last phase.
Recent company takeovers
The firm recognizes the importance of partnering with several other firms and organizations not just for building the business but for also development of world class drugs that would be of benefit to the cancer patients who are in their last stage of the disease. The firm has joined hands with several biopharmaceutical firms in order to strengthen the drug development process and assess the risk associated with the development process.
Spectrum pharmaceuticals has collaborated with Allergan, Biogen Idec, Bristol – Myers Squibb, Hansdok, Topotarget and Nippon Kayaku. The firm joined hands with Hanmi pharmaceutical company for development and commercialization of the drug SPI-2012. The firm also entered into collaboration with Bayer for acquisition of the licensing rights to market Zevalin.
Recent corporate news
The latest NASDAQ share price was $ 7.91.
The work culture at Spectrum pharmaceuticals is vibrant and at the same time dynamic. The firm is committed to excellence and values integrity, quality work, patient focus, and people. The company has the spirit and the will to accomplish the most difficult of tasks.
Spectrum pharmaceutical values its employees and is a firm believer that its employees are its assets. The work environment in this firm is pretty challenging and the employees are given their own space to experiment and come out with good results. Individuals can learn and grow old with this company and with their research skills and analytical mind can take the firm to greater avenues.
The firm also has several benefits for its employees such as medical plans, paid long term disability, deeply discounted voluntary life, stock options, 401 (K) plans and spectrum employee stock exchange plan.
Spectrum pharmaceutical with its research and ongoing work in developing drugs for cancer patients is always in the public domain. The current year has indeed been an eventful year for this firm. The following events will confirm the above mentioned statement:
• The firm acquired Talon therapeutics in the month of July, 2013.
• The firm would also present at the Morgan Stanley Global Health Conference.
• In the year 2005 and 2009, it was voted as one of the best companies to work with.
• Spectrum pharmaceuticals has been ranked as one of the fastest growing companies of North America.
Recent job openings
The firm is forever on the hunt of young and experienced individuals to join their firm and develop world class therapies for the treatment of cancer. The following is a list of current job openings for the firm:
• CRA Manager – id 196-470: The individual will have to perform line management responsibilities for all CRAs as well as coordinate their activities. Candidates who wish to apply for this position need to have at least 7 years of experience in clinical research and should be a graduate in science, medical or any other relevant field.
• Marketing Manager, Brand Management – id: 195-470: For this position, the individual would be responsible for expanding the brand responsibilities of Fusilev and 2 other products that are in the pipeline. He also has to coordinate with the other members in his team and serve as a mentor and role model. Interested candidates should have a bachelor’s degree; however MBA degree will always be given preference. They should also have a minimum of 6 years of experience in healthcare industry with 3 years of specialized experience in oncology.
• Senior Clinical Research Associate – id 192-470: The individual will have to assist in the stage of designing, planning as well as implementation of clinical trials. He would also be responsible of managing and conducting pre study and initiation of closeout visits. The candidates should be BA, BSN or BS and should have a minimum of 5 years of experience as Sr. CRA or should at least have 3 years of CRA related experience.
• Oncology Account Manager – id: 190-470: In this, the individual will be responsible for the achievement of the goals and market share targets in their territory. He should have strong communication skills and should be able to communicate effectively about the product information and disease condition to the customers. Interested candidates should have a bachelor’s degree with minimum of 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales.
• Associate director of Managed Markets – id: 173-470: In this, the individual will be responsible for directing as well as marketing for all activities related to the management field. The candidate should be a graduate with minimum of 10 years of experience in biotech or pharmaceutical sales. He should also have 3 years of experience in marketing oncology related therapeutic drugs.