sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inquiry to pursue PhD in India
Hi,

My name is Sanya Ahmed (Mrs. Mazharul Haque, mother of a two year old boy). I am a Pakistani national, married to an Indian and residing in West Bengal on Long Term Visa (LTV) provided by the Govt. of India, since December 2013. I have already applied for Indian nationality.

In Pakistan I was enrolled in a joint Mphil/PhD (Molecular Medicine), which I could not continue as I had to travel to India after marriage. I cleared my coursework there and got my synopsis approved in first attempt. I received a band of 7.5/9 in IELTS and was planning to give GRE as these two were the requirements in my previous institution. My BSc Honours (3 year) and MSc with research (1 year) are in Biotechnology. I have also earned a 2 year taught masters in Bioethics (an NIH funded program in Pakistan) with a GPA 3.6/4. 

My Inquiry is regarding continuation of my education in India at IIT Kgp. Whether I have to be an Indian national to be eligible or I can pursue PhD here on my current status. Kindly provide me the details.

Thanks.
Sanya Ahmed.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post